Art That's Great for Staging

This black and white woodblock print will look terrific, whether it's hung horizontally or vertically. 
My daughter visited me this weekend.  She brought her two little boys (huraaaaay!), but because her husband couldn't make it, he sent a gift.  It's something he made himself, the absolute best kind of gift.

My son-in-law is an artist, currently working on a series of woodblock prints.  Lucky me, to be on the receiving end of this black and white print that measures 9 x 24 inches, depicting a flock of birds taking flight over bare tree branches.  I like that it is part East Asian, part M. C. Escher, and all original!

I am mulling over the framing possibilities.  Should I stick to a sleek and classic black frame with white matt?  Go colorful with a pastel colored matt and wood frame?  Or get really wild and crazy with some big and bold framing?  My best bet would be to ask the artist, so that is what I'll do.

Black and white prints make great home staging props.  They're likely to go with any color scheme.  They have a certain authority and simplicity.  I outline what makes good art for home staging in my eBook DIY Home Staging Tips, including the fact that black and white photographs are fine as long as they don't attract too much attention away from the home you are selling.

As for my new present, it's too valuable to hang on the wall of any home on the market.  Someone might fall in love with it, someone who has no qualms about art heists.

No comments:

Post a Comment